Monday, March 27, 2006

going back to my last blog on how i wasn't feeling it for this meet, well, that's how it turned out. i did place third in my class, but i didn't do nearly as well as my last competition. i learned a few things though.

once we got to the competition, then my nerves kicked in. i opened my squat with 518. did it no problem, good depth and good speed coming up. next attempt was 556, which was my 3rd attempt in my last comp. picked it up easy, started my squat, and i thought i was down, but i apparently clipped it. now i heard everyone say up. everyone. the spotters and everyone in the audience. don't listen to others. i was too high at the bottom, but i came up with it easy. so i decided to do the same weight for my third attempt. picked it up easy, it felt lighter than the last time, started squatting. again i thought i was deep enough but apparently not again. i came up easier with it this time, and i was told i was about 1/2 inch too high.. half of a fuckin' inch. i felt like my head was going to explode at the bottom of the lift and i came up stronger and easier than the last time. but no lift because of one half of an inch! oh well, this was a meet to make these mistakes at, so i'll learn from them. the dvd will be sent here friday.

for the bench i opened at 330, and that went up easily. i got 2 out of 3 white lights.. good lift, but apparently my ass came off of the bench. so on my next attempt, 358, i moved my feet to help correct that, but again same result. good lift but that one judge was nailing me for a hair of light. i didn't feel as if i really lifted my ass off the bench, but she saw something. my third attempt, 380, i moved my feet again. this time my ass didn't move, but the bar barely did.. got it about 4 inches off of my chest and that's all she wrote.. no lift.

the dead i opened at 430. i could've opened higher, and pulled it no problem. i went to 475, pulled that easy. the girl taking weights for the next attempt came up to me and teddy says "what do you want 500?" i say no, i did 515 2 weeks ago, fuck it...523. i came up with that pretty fast, kept my form, got to the top and all i had to do was hold the damn bar.... lost my grip just as i was totally up. no lift. oh well, it felt good and i just need to work my grip strength. i want to total more than 1500.. not with that performance, but i know i can do it. i have a 600lb squat in my, a 550 dead and i've done 385 bench in the gym... it just needs to come together, and it will.

weekend was good. the 4.5 hr trip to maine wasn't too bad. heard some crazy fucking stories, had the ipod cranking through the escalade, and of course the text messages. and out of the blue, a few people decided to text me that i sent texts to, anywhere from a week ago to more than a month ago, and never heard anything back from them. so there was enough entertainment there, just weird they all decided saturday was a good day. and the content of these messages was also weird with, yet again.. unanswered texts. these are my friends though.

anyway now i feel like someone has thrown a really big rock at my left hip. if they could actually pick up this big rock.. maybe they used a huge slingshot, but i got hit by this thing when i wasn't looking and i'm walking like a gimp. not good, but sometimes you just get hit by these slingshot rock throwing mother fuckers!

2 Comments:

At 3/30/2006 9:15 AM, Blogger John said...

Escalade, huh? Damn, you travel in style!
Bummer about cutting the squat a half inch too high... that's pretty lame.
Try benching with feet flat next time, I find that keeps your butt on the bench.
Not a bad job for your third meet, just learn from your mistakes and move on!

 
At 3/31/2006 7:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice summary - when it all comes together it'll be a great total.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home